IPL 2020 will be joyful for everyone during these unavoidable circumstances, though we may not have an option to cheer and have a great time supporting our favourite teams live but we all will atleast get some time watching our favourite cricketers face-off each other through the Television at home. Biggest relief for players would have been when the IPL was announced officially to be starting from 19th September 2020.
The prestigious tournament is all set to take place in UAE at 3 venues – Abu Dhabi, Sharjah,Dubai. It is not the first time in UAE that the IPL will happen but also took place in year 2014 due to general election in India. The 1st 20 fixtures were taken in the same 3 venues.
The situation demands a bit more from the host this time as all the 60 games along with practice games will be played in the same venues which means IPL 2020 is more prone to be a low-scoring one in comparison to the other seasons. Only those teams end-up performing well which will be a bit more concerned towards their bowling unit rater than batting.
1. Royal challengers Bangalore: RCB have got good options in their batting this year as well like the other years. One of the most iconic players of this team is none other than the skipper himself – Virat Kohli who has given some outstanding performance for the team over the years. Players like Cris Gayle played for this team and performed really well. After the departure of Gayle from RCB to KXIP , the team looks really unstable and shaky without the presence of Virat Kohli. RCB have definitely got many youngsters and foreign players who could take up the opening spot along with Virat Kohli. Few of them to name are devdutt paddikal,Joshua Phillipe, Aaron Finch,Parthiv Patel. Most probably virat – Finch will open the batting for RCB as both are well experienced players.
2. Mumbai Indians: The most successful team of IPL has been on a roller-coster ride for all these seasons. This is a team which shouldn’t be judged for their performances in the start of the season and it can always make a comeback and makes its way into the knockouts. The squad of MI this season is well balanced like the other years. Their biggest and most successful bid was for Chris Lynn who looked in good form this year earlier. Another massive move was for Trent Boult and make there bowling look fierce against other teams. Chris Lynn would be a suitable option along with Rohit Sharma to open the batting for Mumbai Indians.
3. Chennai Super kings: It is probably a team of veterans who dominate any side on thier day,led by MS Dhoni who recently announced his retirement from International cricket will look to be dominant with some aggressive cricket. By having a glance of the squad they have most probable pair to open the innings seem to be Shane Watson and Ambati Rayudu. Especially Shane Watson because he has consistently performed for the team no matter what both in the league stage and knockouts. Another option would be to make Faf du plessis open the innings.
4. Kolkata knight riders: KKR is another power- packed team which will completely out-play the opposition when it’s their day. With likes of Andre Russell,Sunil Narine,Eoin Morgan,Dinesh Karthik and Shubman Gill this team will be really hard to beat when Any of the 3 are together in the playing XI. Most probably Sunil Narine would open the batting for them,along with either Skipper Karthik himself or Shubman Gill. But Dinesh Karthik is sort of a captain who believes in depth for batting and we might see Shubman Gill open the batting with Sunil Narine for KKR.
5. Sunrisers Hyderabad: SRH is one of the low-profile teams who can turn things around with their bowling. A team which was expert in defending low totals with their bowling unit is always a team ‘To watch out for’. Their batting is also good with David Warner taking the lead along with Jonny Bairstow,Manish Pandey, kane Williamson and Vijay Shankar. Most probably David Warner and Jonny Bairstow will open the batting for SRH because of the record-breaking partnerships both had. Bairstow’s 1st IPL season was marvellous as he scored nearly in every game.
6.Rajasthan Royals: Royals were the 1st season winners under the captaincy of the great Shane warne. Since then this team has not mamaged to be able to keep ip their Performance through out the seasons so far but nevertheless they have got a strong team this year which will make the Royals a completely different side though. Most suitable option of opening pair for them looks like Yashaswi Jaiswal- the u19 world cup highest run-getter and Jos Butler. He has been a consistent performer for the team and is someone who can groom youngsters. Hence Jaiswal/butler will be the most appropriate opening pair for Rajasthan Royals.
7.Kings XI punjab: Kings XI punjab have got one of the finest and experienced T20 players in form of Christopher henry Gayle( chris gayle). Most of their players are who represent karnataka in form of KL Rahul,karun Nair,Mayank Agarwal and K Goutham. The best thing about their opening options is that none of them is a player who is not to be admired. Like the Other years its Always Chris Gayle who would start for them along with Kl Rahul. The duo have shown their batting prowess in 2019 season with some breath-taking starts and one of them always sticking to one end and nearly finish the game for them. So without a doubt its KL Rahul and Chris Gayle for the kings this year as well.
8. Delhi Capitals: Another Power-packed side of this league with All young talent in the team in forn if Shreyas Iyer,Prithvi shaw,Rishabh Pant and shimron Hetmyer. A team which has unfortunately never managed to win the title will not give it all easily. This team has all that it takes to win but is always dependent on 2-3 players which is never enough to make it big and win titles. The most senior batsmen in team are Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane who will share the responsibility of batting for the demands. Among All of these Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan will be the most likely ones to open the innings for Delhi Capitals as both have shown responsibility and made sure they make their team win from tough situation. Shaw has regularly performed in the 2019 season and Shikhar Dhawan has also given really good starts. So its Shikhar Dhawan and prithvi shaw most probably for the Delhi Capitals.