RCB showed some fight against the Mumbai Indians and managed to get a decent score of 170 runs on board with support of Moeen Ali as he fired a 32 ball 50 with the bat and lead RCB’s batting.
KKR’s batting have looked over dependent on Andre Russell who has the highest strike rate this season in the tournament. The last 3 games which KKR have lost shows the dependency on Russel as they have not been able to score big.
Winning Formula of RCB against KKR:
- RCB should look to bat first if they win the toss at Eden Gardens because it has been one of the high scoring venues in the IPL.
- Also it offers some turn to spinners which could be a booster for the RCB’s spinners ( especially for Yuzvendra Chahal).
- Scoring big in the 1st innings and then inviting KKR to bat will be a chance for RCB’s bowlers to build pressure on them and get the run-rate higher as much as possible.
- Bowling well at the death Overs will be crucial as it has been a concern so far in the tournament.
- Andre Russell fires again so that it becomes easy for the Other batsmen to save their wicket and play a bit slower.
- Nitesh Rana should play the Role of an anchor so that the run-rate stays in control.
- Openers should look to provide a good start and use the power play well so that it becomes for easy for middle and lower order while batting first or chasing target.